I'm not just talking flops and dives.
Is this just a bad World Cup or are refs always that blind? I don't have a favorite team yet, but man it seems like everyone is dirty...Refs and players. As a new fan, I'm getting mad because apparently the rules don't matter. I try to keep an open mind, thinking that in the heat of the moment a Ref has to make a call. But there's been so many times the last week where they look to a replay for review and make the dumbest call. Even the announcers go "oh, wow that's clearly the wrong call" or "that's disgusting". Is this an exception due to World Cup adrenaline/kinks, or is this something that happens in all tournaments?
I've watched Player A get forcibly shoved into player B by player C. After a replay review: Yellow card for A?
I've watched Player A get dragged by their arm while trying to run from player B. 10 feet from the sidelines with a ref right there. No card?
I've watched Messi grab the feet/leg of a player on the ground and throw them out of frustration. No card?
The worst I've seen so far:
I watched a losing Argentina player get mad and kick the ball into a downed players head, point blank. After a replay review: NO CARD? This was the match that really got to me. It seemed (to me) that there were so many obvious fouls from Argentina, but the refs weren't calling it. But god forbid if the opposing team breaths on Argentina, better call the foul.
With the understanding that FIFA is a corrupt organization and that the tournament is held in Russia, I want to believe that this World Cup is a fluke of shady Refs, paid off reviewers, and some emotional poor sportsmanship that wouldn't otherwise be so prevalent. Please tell me this is the case.
I'm finding this sport to be more exciting than I ever have before, but it's going to be difficult to enjoy if I question the integrity of nearly every Ref.
Side/Fun note: I always see people saying how whiny soccer player are and that they cry about getting barely touched. While this does exist, I think I've seen 3 broken ribs, a broken nose, and a few concussions in the last week. American Footballers should take their gear off and play like real men. /s
Submitted June 25, 2018 at 01:00PM by darkcellmp https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/8tv0hx/serious_as_a_new_fan_to_soccerrealfootballwhat_is/?utm_source=ifttt






No comments: