Hi all. I've been blogging for around 3-4 Months now and as I am learning more about the process, I'm wondering if I have chosen the wrong blog name?
I currently run a blog named (and url) minimalism for mums. I'm from the UK and am aware the word mum is very region specific. As far as I'm aware only the UK and possibly Australia use the term? My biggest audience is U.S based, who use Mom.
As a possible reader outside UK/AUS would this bother you? Does a name really matter that much as long as the content is appealing?
I have purchased another more generic / universal domain name around the same lines and am contemplating changing my site name and url. I have reservations about doing this, such as losing credibility (I don't exactly have much of a following right now anyways) and the effect on Google / SEO rankings.
Not to mention changing all of my affiliate links and info, blog links. Plus most of my traffic comes from Pinterest, so editing every single pin that I can, but it won't account for the pins lost in Pinterest abyss.
Any advice would be great, thank you.
Submitted April 24, 2019 at 10:40PM by minimalistmum https://www.reddit.com/r/Blogging/comments/bh69l3/country_specific_blog_name_url_does_it_matter/?utm_source=ifttt






No comments: