Hi there,
I work on my short story for quite some time. At point, I’m planning to post my hard work on my own blog. Given the nature that my rough draft is rough, I think it would be practical if I spend my own spare time edit my work before I post it on the internet. With that said, I’m planning to pursuit my hard work on writing a novel and put together ‘The Hero’s Journey’ template for my spare time. I’m not expecting to get it finished.
When it comes to the novel, I want my story to be set before and after my short story. What I’m trying to do is I wanted to create a story that offers reader a slice on my work. I didn’t create not one, not two, but up to four parts I created for my short story. At the time of this writing, I manage to written up to 20,000 words (around 58 pages). It was tough for me to get a concrete idea what it going to be about. After so much brainstorming, I think it would be appropriate for me to go over the context of the story and give you an idea what to expect.
The goal here is I want to make a story where the outlaws are meant to be the real threat. The Outlaw is represented as a broad definition than the sole target. The outlaw is represented as a person who has defined the laws; they may either go against the state by committing a crime or fleeing from law enforcement. The outlaw can range from being criminals who stolen goods to a small group of pirates, bandits or terrorist. And on rare occasions, the outlaw can also apply to the state sponsor of terrorist.
The guild I created is called the Artia guild. Artia is comprised between the police and military force. Source suggests that following the aftermath of the Great Galaxy War, the rise of major threats from outlaw become a major presence in civilization. They are task to hunt down the outlaw in the galaxy and bring their target back alive or dead. The Artia guild is mimicked to be a Bounty Hunter. In my short story, Jake Avolsky is task of infiltrating Roman’s hideout. Eventually, pursuing after the target is no easy tasks. Jake would find himself in confrontation against Roman’s followers and he would have to navigate his way through the treacherous space station in Tenelov.
My main inspiration for writing this short story was inspired by two video game that never saw the light of day, Star Wars: 1313 and Prey 2. One major problem when it comes to writing a Si-Fi genre is that the genre has been over saturated in movies, TV shows, and video games. The thought here is if I could focus on writing an allegory novel and make major changes to the story. It might stand on its own. I don’t expect much miracle on my work. This is something I want to write up for fun.
While I never intended to make a fan made story, but I was hoping I could create a novel that look similar to Perfect Dark than Star Wars. Here a couple key components to consider:
• Lightsavors and Blasters will NOT be the dominate weapons in combat. Instead, my short story has a heavy emphasis of Si-Fi firearms similar to the real world counterparts.
• Good vs evil would NOT be the main theme of my short story. As I stated before, the outlaws are meant to be the real threat in the Galaxy.
• Jake would not only rely on his trusty sidearm (kolt45A1 pistol), he would also utilize a variety of gadget from his equipment. Such as a Grappling Hook, Jetpack, and his trusty forearm blades.
• The story is meant to be a mature audience.
Anyways, now my I’m almost done with my finals. A couple questions I want to ask.
How do I get started creating my own blog page? Is there a recommended blogging platform you want me to use for showcase my story/personal work? Should I reconsider advertising my blog using an advertising service besides using Reddit Ads?
The purpose for this site is to not only showcase my work, but I also want to talk about my progress I made so far. Any feedback regarding my work or opinion is welcome.
Submitted April 26, 2019 at 05:18PM by LDClaudius https://www.reddit.com/r/Blogging/comments/bhuzil/planning_to_put_together_a_blog_here_what_im_up_to/?utm_source=ifttt






No comments: